Network Annual Report published
We have just published our annual report for 2018/19 which showcases the achievements in stroke care in the region in the past year. These include:
- Ongoing work in secondary prevention to reduce the risks of another stroke
- Better recognition of stroke and compliance with the stroke pathway by the ambulance service
- The highest performing hospital stroke pathway in the country with 69 lives saved a year since re-organisation in 2015
- Ground breaking transformation of community rehabilitation services to reduce inequality across the region
- Access to training and development opportunities for professionals
- Hearing the patient and carer voice – a very active Group and close working with the voluntary sector
We continue to lead the UK in our service improvement work, with our network acting as an exemplar for similar collaborative initiatives that will be rolled out as part of the NHS England Long Term Plan. The network team continue to advise and share our work with a large number of English regions and the devolved nations, ensuring our learning is spread and benefits stroke survivors across the country.
The network is everyone involved in stroke care and we could not have achieved so much together without the engagement and enthusiasm of all our stakeholders, so we thank you for your continued support.